Healthy-Steps, moving you to better health with the Lebed Method, is a therapy, exercise and movement program done to great music, designed to help you thrive - now offered at Southeast Nebraska Cancer Center! This new therapy is offered by our Occupational Therapy Department which is led by Tracy L. Bender, OTD, OTR/L, CLT, CMF. View the flyer. We were featured in an article for rehab services with our new Healthy-Steps program, view the article.
Healthy-Steps will help you with:
- Regaining range of motion
- Increasing mobility
- Improving physical balance
- Helping reduce swelling from lymphedema
- Improving emotional well-being
- Promoting positive self-image
- Stabilizing weight
The Healthy-Steps program improves the physical and emotional well-being of adults and children. The goal is to elevate quality of life through therapeutic exercise and movement; healing body, mind and spirit.
If you suffer from any of the following conditions, Healthy-Steps could help you:
- Breast Cancer, or other forms of cancer
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Frozen Shoulder
- Other chronic conditions
Meet our Occupational Therapist:
Meet our Instructor:
Michaela Bidrowsky, COTA/L, CLT, CLM
- Ms. Bidrowsky received her Associate’s Degree in occupational therapy at Clarkson College. She is specialized in two emerging areas of practice; lymphedema therapy and cancer rehabilitation. She was certified as a lymphedema specialist at the Academy of Lymphatic Studies. She has completed expert training in breast cancer rehabilitation through Klose Training. She has a certification in the Healthy Steps/Lebed Method. She has actively instructed Healthy-Steps since 2007. She is a state advocate for the Lymphedema Treatment Act and is always seeking ways to improve awareness about lymphedema. She is passionate about providing lymphedema care, and cancer rehab to our community.