Getting a second opinion sometimes can help you feel more confident about your diagnosis and treatment plan. We hope to help you make a more informed decision on your cancer treatment. Here are some helpful tips if you are seeking a second opinion from SNCC.
- Check with your insurance provider to determine coverage — especially if the visit is out of your network.
- When you call to schedule the appointment — be clear what you are looking for from the second opinion. If you know your diagnosis let our staff know, we will assist you in getting an appointment within 24 hours if that is what you need for peace of mind.
- Plan to bring your medical records — including copies of all scans, exams, previous treatment, blood tests and pathology slides with you to the appointment.
- As you work with our physicians — explain why you’re seeking a second opinion and communicate your primary needs for the visit.
- Consider the next steps — Meet with our Benefits Coordinator to help you with any concerns or questions you have regarding your insurance and your treatment plan.
When you visit SNCC for a second opinion, we will perform a full evaluation and explain your treatment options with you.