Cancer treatment may affect physical, social, psychological and work-related abilities. Rehabilitation helps people regain these abilities and maintain independence. SNCC offers many onsite rehabilitation services. Our goal is to help you live your life as you did before diagnosis. Whether you are newly diagnosed or long finished with treatment, if you want to increase your independence and continue working on your rehab goals, then SNCC Rehabilitation Services may be right for you.
How cancer rehabilitation can help
- Rehabilitation can help you reach the following goals:
- Improve physical strength and activity tolerance. This can offset limitations caused by cancer and cancer treatment.
- Increase your ability to care for yourself. This reduces the amount of support needed from caregivers.
- Adjust to actual, perceived and potential losses.
- Reduce anxiety and depression.
- Receive education regarding possible side effects of treatment to enable patients to be more proactive in their survivorship.
- Prehabilitation – This can be for optimizing physical functionality preoperatively to enable thew you to maintain a normal level of function during and after surgery.
- Prehabilitation training can be a combination of aerobic exercises, strength training and functional task training to suit individual needs.
SNCC offers the following Rehabilitation Services:
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Lymphedema Management
- Certified Mastectomy Fittings
- Restorative Yoga Classes
- Healthy Steps Classes
Do you have questions about care from rehabilitation services? Contact us at (402) 420-7000.