Restorative Yoga is a simple, yet effective relaxation method that includes guided breathing, short meditations and fully supported postures. We offer Restorative Yoga to our patients and the public at Southeast Nebraska Cancer Center! Do you know the many benefits that Restorative Yoga has to offer?
- Restorative Yoga is the re-integration training of the mind-body connection.
- It is a prop-heavy, breath-control based yoga class developed by Judith Lasatar.
- The slower pace and deep breathing trigger the parasympathetic nervous system.
- The overall calming effect on the nervous system sets a deeply relaxing tone for the class that comforts your mind and body down to the cellular level.
- Restorative yoga enables the integration of all the layers of life- environmental, physical, emotional, psychological and spiritual.
When: Call for time offerings
Where: SNCC OT Gym, located at 201 S 68th St Place, Suite 100
Cost: $20/Group session or call for details on individual sessions
Register: Fill out the form below (registration is required)
Meet our Instructor:
Shelly Olson, Restorative Yoga Instructor, Occupational Therapy Tech – Ms. Olson is from Omaha, Nebraska. She has five years’ experience working with patients with lymphedema and cancer in a clinical, therapeutic setting. She is specialized in two areas of yoga practice; Restorative Yoga and Yoga for Cancer. She obtained her Restorative Yoga Certification at Bhadra Yoga in Omaha in 2016. She traveled to Virginia Beach to complete the Yoga for Cancer Certification in October of 2018. She is an animal loving, holistic individual who has practiced yoga for 6 years. She has also taken several classes on healing stones and essential oils. She is passionate about providing wellness tools to anyone and everyone.