Restorative Yoga is a simple, yet effective relaxation method that includes guided breathing, short meditations and fully supported postures. We are now offering Restorative Yoga at Southeast Nebraska Cancer Center! Do you know the many benefits that Restorative Yoga has to offer?
• Restorative Yoga is the re-integration training of the mind-body connection.
• It is a prop heavy, breath-control based yoga class developed by Judith Lasatar.
• The slower pace and deep breathing triggers the parasympathetic nervous system.
• The overall calming effect on the nervous system sets a deeply relaxing tone for the class that comforts your mind and body down to the cellular level.
• Restorative yoga enables the integration of all the layers of life- environmental, physical, emotional, psychological and spiritual
When: Wednesdays 5:45-6:45 pm & Sundays 1-2 pm
Where: SNCC OT Gym, located at 201 S 68th St Place, Suite 100
Cost: Your first session is FREE, then $20/session
Register: Fill out the form below (registration is required)
Meet our Instructor:
- Shelly Olson, Restorative Yoga Instructor, Occupational Therapy Tech
Ms.Olson has four years' experience working in a therapeutic setting. She obtained her Restorative Yoga Certification at Bhadra Yoga in Omaha. She is a holistic individual who has taken classes on healing stones and essential oils. She is currently in school at the Universal College of Healing Arts for Massage Therapy, specializing in oncology massage.